Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catching up




Each day I mean to blog to document this time in our lives. You know what they say about good intentions. Anyway, as usual things are crazy busy here with trying to get house projects completed - it's amazing how long it takes just to get the bids, still unpacking and figuring out where the furniture goes, helping the Bean decide on new bedding that needs to be on her bed until she leaves for college (!), still 'do' life, and remember to make dinner each evening! We finally got our bedroom painted this weekend so the carpet could go in yesterday. Yay! I told Bean that I had so many projects to do it was akin to digging through a mudslide with a popsicle stick. The good news is there is tomorrow!

A couple of weeks ago we organized a Southern California Gladney playday. We all had a lot of fun, had a great time talking and getting to know each other while the kids played on the playground, or in the Bean's case managed to climb and get stuck up a tree! There was a mix of international and domestic families and it was really interesting hearing the similarities, differences and each others stories. We are hoping it's the start of getting a Family Association out here.

Monday the Bean was off school so after her orthodontic appointment we had lunch with my sister and my nephew, little wombat as I call him. Bean is so good with little kids she's going to be a great big sister. She held her cousin and got a good hug from the little guy as he was yawning his head off. The Bean and I had such a fun day together doing nothing in particular. She has such a great sense of humor, and can be very self-depracating, can hold great conversations, has a ton of questions, and has a dear, kind heart. Love that little one!

We've had a couple of updates on the girls who thankfully continue to be healthy, sweet little easy-going babies. One seems to be a left thumb sucker, the other is already rolling onto her side and can sit a few seconds. Yikes! I was counting on a month or so of immobility after we got home which I might not have! Have to add gates to my list. We cracked up that one of them had a 'big man on campus' shirt on. The Bean thought it was a hoot! I've decided that I'm going to try positive thinking and that we'll hear about a court date by the 15th. I'll keep you updated on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

l

Followers